DAy of surgery
HOW TO DRESS AND FEED BEFORE SURGERY
- Do not feed your baby for 90 minutes before your scheduled appointment. You may feed him immediately afterward.
- Please dress him in a two-piece outfit with separate pants and shirt. This shirt remains on during the procedure. Please try to avoid snaps and zippers.
Please bring the following items:
- Ten disposable diapers and a stack of wipes.
- Four cloth diapers—the type you place over your shoulder when burping the baby.
- Two large tubes of Vaseline petroleum jelly.
- A box of 50 of the 4-inch by 4-inch gauze pads. A good brand is Mirasorb, Tru-Absorb, or the Walgreens store brand. However, any brand is fine as long as it is 4”x4”.
- A small bottle of grape juice (4 ounces is plenty). Any brand is fine (e.g. Welch’s Grape Juice).
Plan on being in the office for approximately 90 minutes.