Coverage for Your Circumcision Procedure
Dr. Singer of Michigan Circumcision participates with most major insurances to help you afford your child’s circumcision procedure in Bingham Farms, MI. Please contact the office for a complete listing of accepted circumcision insurance coverage.
It is the patient’s responsibility to verify that Dr. Singer is an approved provider with your insurance carrier. Please verify that your policy is active, and that your baby has been added as a beneficiary at least one day before your appointment.
In most instances, medical insurance covers the cost of the entire newborn circumcision procedure. However, if you have not met your deductible, or you have co-insurance, you may be responsible for partial/complete fees. Additionally, an office copay will be collected at the time of the visit.
- Please note: we hold a deposit of $375 at the time of service. Unfortunately, we've had a number of instances where parents have not added the baby to the insurance plan at the time of the procedure and therefore we cannot receive reimbursement from the insurance company. Even if you have added your baby to the insurance plan, we still hold the deposit until the claim is processed.
- Also note: once your insurance processes the claim (usually within 30 days), we will immediately refund the full amount (unless you have not met your deductible or have co-insurance, in which case a partial refund is issued).
- We do not participate with any Medicaid plans for the performance of a circumcision.
- There is an additional out of pocket cost of $25 to cover the costs of PPE/ and medical supplies for the procedure.
- The cash price for circumcision is $375.
- Alliance Health (HAP)
- Blue Care Network – Referral from PCP required
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan preferred
- Priority health
- Smart Health (St. John Smart Plan)
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- Beaumont Employee Health Plan
- Health Plus